Below are some of the projects I involved for the past few years. Most of the projects were completed but there were quite a few that got canceled or abandoned for various reasons.
I found another demo I did back in 2011 in my backup directory. This is a very quick demo I did in about 2 days using Blender and Unity 3. I brought this demo along for an interview and it helped me to secure my first job in the game industry.
Today I stumbled upon some old screenshots in my backup folder and I thought maybe I should post it here to remind myself how passionate I was.
This is a 3D level editor I did for my hobby game project back in 2010. The level editor was made using Qt 4 and Irrlicht engine. Some of the screenshots below are showing the editor which uses Irrlicht’s native GUI. Irrlicht’s GUI system was quite limited in term of types of widgets and functionality, which later on led me to switching all the GUI over to Qt.
Some of the features supported by the “game engine” I did back then include:
– Basic fixed function 3D rendering
– Basic collision (box collider and trigger)
– Spawn points
– Player camera and animated camera (for in-game cinematic)
– 3D sound (using irrKlang)
– Simple path finding
I made a simple game demo using the game engine and level editor I made. Unfortunately, the game wasn’t finished and I moved on doing something else. Below is the video recording I did back in 2010 showing how the game demo look like, for a competition. Spore Motions was the name of our team back then.
Hopefully I will be back into game development very soon.